Jean Monnet Module
Intercultural Communication or Civic Integration. Daily Challenges in the European Social Space
Application Form (download)
The project proposes:
- the initial training (and continuous by extending activities to policy makers, professional groups and representatives of civil society), specialists in social-humanist areas, especially teachers, preparing them to face the challenges of the contemporary world by introducing specific educational elements of learning about the EU;
- to rethink the school curricula to meet the challenge of an education that places emphasis on developing skills necessary for living in a multi-ethnic EU;
- to facilitate improvement of the employability of students and young teachers in particular, prepared by our Faculty by strengthening their EU-related knowledge;
- to increase possibilities/opportunities for teachers in academic environment to do research on topics related to the EU;
- to increase the role of teaching practice through which students have contact with European educational activities in a multi-ethnic context;
- the development of research skills of themes about the EU and European integration in a multi-ethnic context by focusing on direct activity, intercultural dialogue with all concerned parties.
The work programme includes the following activities:
- Teaching: introduction of four training modules on intercultural communication, relations between ethnic groups, European education and general aspects of the European Union; 2. Research: organization of research in order to identify new prospects to promote excellence in teaching and research of the EU, namely the adaptation of European ethnic groups to the European social space; 3. organization of events: an international conference, a roundtable (with a specific theme in European national education reform, focusing on inter-ethnic and intercultural education) and a concluding conference; 4. a web project; 5. The design of a facebook page; 6. There will be a database containing scientific publications on dialogue and intercultural education, namely inter-ethnic relations. 7. The production and publication of teaching materials and syntheses of research / conference proceedings in order to develop an integrated education in the learning of EU in school, and intercultural communication and adaptation of ethnic groups to the European social space; 8. Dissemination of publications to all parties involved, namely those concerned, including the public libraries, in order to be offered to the civil society; 9. Indexing at least 3 publications in international databases; 10. Controlling and monitoring the project implementation.
Each of these types of activities, and each activity contains several phases: preparation, implementation, dissemination-information of the results, evaluation and follow-up of the impact.